Sunday, January 5, 2014

Chicken Noodle Soup on Pinterest

My most re-pinned pin is a recipe for Homemade Chicken Soup in the Crock pot.  Here is the recipe.  According to my notifications, 480 people have re-pinned it.  I can't imagine that any of my other pins have been re-pinned that much!

However, I have never actually made that soup, so I thought it would be a good idea to try out.  The good news is that it's really tasty.  The bad news is that I don't really find it to be a crock pot recipe.  To me, a crock pot recipe should take several hours of cooking.  This recipe cooks for only 45 minutes, then you add the noodles and cook it another 15.  I just cooked it on the stove and it looked like this:


I had some onion that I sliced up and cooked with the chicken, and I also used boneless, skinless chicken.  People who know me well know that I don't like to be reminded that I'm eating something that used to be alive.  I'm a hypocritical meat-eater.  I should be a vegetarian, but boneless meat tastes yummy!

I also used baby carrots and cut them in half, because I had them to put in lunches for the week.

We had the soup with some Rosemary and Olive Oil bread from Kroger's bakery.  You have to bake it for 15 minutes, and it was really, really good.

So the verdict on my most re-pinned - make it if you want a delicious soup, but don't make it if you really want a slow cooker (all day) soup.

Karen


No comments:

Post a Comment