Saturday, January 4, 2014

A Stocking for Gracie, Our Dog

I posted a picture a on my Facebook page of the Christmas stocking I made for our little dog, Gracie, and I was thinking that I would elaborate on it here.

Here is the pattern from Red Heart yarn and here is a picture of my completed stocking:


I am proud of it; I think it turned out really cute.  It's crocheted, because I can't knit.  The pattern of course tells you that you need a skein of green, a skein of white and a skein of red.  You can tell by looking that you don't need a whole skein of white or red.  As a matter of fact, I had a small ball of red, and I still have a small ball left so it doesn't take much red at all.  Probably the same amount of white.  I don't think it took even a 1/2 skein of green.  

The only thing that disappointed me is that it's smaller than I was hoping it was.  Had I read the directions all the way, of course, I would've noticed it's only 13" long, but apparently I didn't see that.

As I was driving home from getting lunch today, I had an idea.  The stocking only took me about 2 1/2 hours to make, and I think it would be cute to make in real pet colors too.  And since it's small, it would be easy to fill with new pet needs like a leash, collar, little snacks, etc., and would make a great gift for a new pet parent!

I'm not a big cat person, but I'm also thinking that if you replaced the bone with maybe a fish, this could also be used for cats.

Please share in the comments if you have any other ideas!

Karen


No comments:

Post a Comment