Sunday, December 29, 2013

Welcome to my Blog!

This is the first post to my blog, so I think I should introduce myself and my purpose.  I'm Karen, and as I stated above, I have two children and my husband, who is also their father.  I know that's not always the case these days, so I wanted to be clear.

I work at a local elementary school, in the office.  I like my job - I love the little kids, my co-workers are great, and who doesn't like being off work most of the summer, two weeks at Christmas and a week for Spring Break?!

My husband works for a large bank in the technology department.  He tends to work long hours programming mainframe computers.  Yes, they still exist, though I know it's hard to believe.

The kids are both in middle school, which for them is conveniently located directly behind the school where I work.  I get about one phone call a week from one of them needing something - lunch money, forgotten homework, their band instrument or whatever.

A couple of my friends told me I should start a blog because I have some good ideas about meal plans and recipes and gift ideas.  I've been thinking about it, and decided I would give it a go.  I learn by doing, so you should notice improvements as time goes on.  I love Pinterest and have pinned many sites about improving your blog, but without a starting point, the lessons were sort of lost on me.  So I hope you'll bear with me and focus more on what I'm trying to share and less on how I'm sharing it, until I figure this all out.

Please feel free to share your ideas with me as well!  I love to learn and do hope this will be interactive, as I see other blogs end up being.  I will make updates and corrections to my posts as needed based on comments I read, and I will respond to as many comments as I possibly can.

So thanks for checking me out, and I hope you decide to hang out with me and invite your friends as well.  You can also follow me on Pinterest!

2 comments: